Recording and Land Records Frequently Asked Questions

Disclaimer: These Frequently Asked Questions were compiled by Tulsa County solely as a public service. Tulsa County does not warrant the accuracy of the information contained herein nor is it responsible for any errors or omissions and assumes no liability for its use. This information is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice.

How do I request a copy of my deed?
You may call our office at 918-596-5801
Send an email request to Land Records at
You may view your deed on our LOCCAT system.
How do I change the name on my deed?
A new deed will need to be filed. The forms are available online and here at the office.
Do you take credit cards?
Yes, there is a 2 ½ percent convenience fee.
Can I electronically file my document?
Yes, you may contact the following companies:

Simplifile at 1-800-460-5657

eRecording Partners Network
888-325-3365 Ext 11240

Corporation Service Company,[CSC]

Indecomm Global Services

Are Plats, Tract Indexes, and Direct/Indirect books available online?
We are constantly in the process of making all our Plats, Tract Index books, and Direct/Indirect books available online for free. Our goal is to make all our records available to you online so you will be able to research any name or piece of property from statehood to the present.
How can I find the full legal description?
If you have an address, you can find an abbreviated legal description by looking up your property on the Assessor’s website and then searching our records to find a document that contains the full Legal Description.
Where can I find forms? (i.e. Fictitious Name, Deeds, Judgements, Mechanic’s Liens)
Forms can be found online or at various office supply stores. We also have a few commonly used forms on our site as well. If you have trouble opening our forms, you can save it to your desktop and open it with the Adobe PDF viewer. Please give us a call if you have any issues at 918.596.5801.
What are your filing fees?
Our filing fees are located here:
The property owner is deceased. How can I remove them from the deed?

If the deed was in joint tenancy with rights of survivorship, an Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant may be filed along with a certified copy of the Death Certificate to remove the deceased from the title.

If the deed was not in joint tenancy, you may wish to contact the Court Clerk or a Probate Attorney concerning how to proceed.

Where can I find a list of properties being auctioned?
There are two regular auctions held by Tulsa County:
How can I find property ownership, lot size, and tax information online?
This information is located on the Assessor’s website For the most current information, you should also check our records.
Should I file my DD214 Military Discharge, and how can I get a copy when I need one?

Our office is a perfect place to file your Military Discharge. It is free and we will have a free certified copy available for you any time you need it.

You can request a certified copy using this form:

How can I find a filed document? (i.e. Mortgage, Judgment or Lien against a person or property)

You can search our records, and court records by name here:

If you have an address, you can find the legal description by looking up your property on the Assessor’s website and then searching our records by Legal Description.

Please call us at 918.596.5801 if you need further assistance.

How can I tell if a Mortgage, Judgment or Lien has been released?
Typically, a Release (REL, RL, RJDG) is filed in our office that references the original Mortgage, Judgement, or Lien by instrument/document number or book and page.
How can I search court records online?
Please follow the links below.
How do I obtain a marriage license or a passport?
Please follow the links below.
Where do I pay my fines?
Please follow the link below.
Who do I contact regarding a jury summons?
Please follow the link below.
Where do I file a probate?
Please follow the link below.